Friday 15 January 2016

One word // Surrender


Towards the end of last year it felt like I was given no choice but to surrender. And still I resisted it.

I had big plans for 2015. Bigger than big plans - a return to study, new work commitments and a few personal projects up my sleeve too, and daily blog writing (ha!) 


The universe, of course, had other ideas but did promptly offer me my asked-for serving of big - in the form of our darling Ruby. 2015 was BIG in the best way

It pushed me to rediscover myself, but mostly reminded me who I am and who I am striving to be.

I got better at letting go of the big {end} picture, instead focusing on doing what I could with what I had. 

I came to believe that would be enough. That my best is as much as I can do. 

I discovered so much more about trust. And that my intuition is always spot on. 

I learnt to ask. And how to let my heart answer.

I improved at listening. And finally accepted that it's hard for me not to talk.

I realised that people like to help. And I realised that I'm pretty good at helping and supporting myself.

I discovered that in doing less, I am able to give more. And in surrendering to this, I have felt more alive than I ever have.


Almost two weeks ago I caught myself holding my breath. As I exhaled, the word surrender rolled off my tongue. 

I knew immediately it was my one word for this year. My reminder to go slowly, to be present, to be kinder to myself. 


xx

Have you chosen one word to guide your year? Do you set intentions? I'd love to know. Elisa x

~ Sharing my one word with Bron at Maxabella Loves here.

~ I'm excited to be finally putting my meditation training to good use this year. I'll be creating and soon sending out {monthly is the plan!} some free mindful word/photography prints, plus affirmations and journalling/meditation practices and prompts to go with them. If that sounds like your thing, feel free to add your email address via the form here

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I especially really like 'I learnt to ask. And how to let my heart answer'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect word! No word, intentions, or resolutions for me this year, just living each day as they come and continuing on my journey of simple, mindful living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wise words Elisa. My word for this year is create. Create a happy and healthy life, create in our home, kitchen and garden. I hope 2016 is kind and gentle to you and your beautiful family. Much love xxxxxooooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my word would be "be".

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much wisdom in surrendering. My word for the year is 'miracles' (you're the first person I'm sharing it with).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surrender is a powerful word! Congratulations on your baby girl, a new baby is a wonderful teacher when it comes to surrendering! Looking forward to hearing your meditation prompts. All the best for 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and support. I'm so glad you stopped by xx