Tuesday 17 April 2012

And then life slapped me across the face



Starting from the ground and growing
up {to even better health}. 

I spent two days last week feeling like life had slapped me across the face, thrown me to the ground and trod on me. And then, right as I tried too early to get back up, it poked me in the eye.

Blah. That's the best word to describe it. Because at the time, I had no words. I took refuge in sleep. But even that wasn't enough to make the dizziness, aches and nausea subside.  

Eventually I stopped trying to work it {my body, how I was feeling} out. And I gave in, I let go, I stopped thinking about my body, and instead trusted my body to do its thing. And I slept a lot. 

But inside I was doing a bit of a blame game. Because health is a balancing act for me. A fine-tuned melody of rest, whole foods, water, meditation, exercise, calm and love. All of that with Grace and Eve. 

And when things aren't feeling hunky-dory, well I know I'm out of tune. And I know I should have been listening to my body's melody, instead of daydreaming into a life of Instagram images. 

So, today I'm making a commitment {again} to tune-in to the melody of me each day, and to share my health journey {past and future} here on the blog.

I will try to start my story close to the beginning. But I'm confident it will come out as bits, chunks and parts, slowly, as I see fit, as I feel comfortable {bear with me}.    

Sharing it feels right, but I'm nervous too. I've come a long way, you see. But parts of this journey {bumpy road trip?} I'm ashamed of. And parts I'm proud of too.  

I feel great, but I'm not saying my health travels are over {I don't believe anyone's are}. Because I will always be striving for {even} better health. Always. Because the one thing I know for sure is health is marvellous, wondrous and pure beauty. And I want more.

Elisa xx

{image via Stockvault}


What keeps you feeling healthy?

3 comments:

  1. I think that writing about this kind of stuff helps us work through it ourselves, and then sometimes it helps others too. Here's hoping you are doing better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jess You're so right, writing is very therapeutic, and if it helps someone else, that's even better :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your words are inspiring ... i really needed this and needing to look our for "me" a whole lot more so that i can really look after the people i love the most in my life xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and support. I'm so glad you stopped by xx